Skip to main content

“Let Go Off That Branch”


Once upon a time there was a man sitting on the top of a mountain, enjoying the gentle spring breeze and the beautiful scenery, including the tree and the rock that was behind him. Suddenly a strong gust of wind blew him off the mountain, and while falling he saw a branch sticking out so he grabbed it. Hanging off the side of the mountain like cliff hanger the man naturally began to pray, asking for God’s help and hears a voice that asks “Do you believe that I created that tree on the mountain?”. The man replies “yes I do, but I really need some help”. The voice then asks, “Do you believe that I created that rock on the mountain?” The man replies a little faster “Yes, I do now please! Help me!”. The voice then asks “Do you believe that I created the wind that blew you off the mountain?”. The man replies a little slower this time “……yes I do”, then the voice asks,” Do you believe that I can create another wind that will blow you right back up unto the mountain?”. The man replies, “Yes I do believe” and the voice says “Then let go off that branch”. My brother who is currently serving a mission in Alabama sent me this story one week and it really helped to lift my spirits, after a particularly difficult week. It helped me to realize that I don’t need to worry-not to worry about my unpaid tuition, or how I will survive without my grandmother around, I just need to have faith and everything will work out. Since I did that I have felt great peace. Even though I still don’t see or know how things will work out, that’s OK because I know that they will work out, some way, somehow.




Comments

  1. I knew this story when I was a youth and it does helped. The story that I've heard though is that the man did not listen to that voice but instead keep on hanging to that mountain cliff 'til dark, the next morning was surprising for him cause he saw that he is just 2 or 3 inches away from the ground. It taught me how to listen carefully to the Holy Ghost. :D Thanks for sharing it again

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A single mother/convert

Hello everyone ",my name is Viva. Thank you to, all for the continued work, that is being done. I would like to share, my story. A single mother and being converted into, The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints. H'm? Where to begin... Well, I was born, in the Island of Tonga Tapu. My father and mother came, to the United States back, in 1970-76. I have a total of 11,siblings.  Step brothers and sisters. I am the middle child out,of a group of 5,raised together. We moved to, Seattle, WA, with my two brothers at, the time. My other siblings, we're in Tonga, with their mothers. I remember the hotel we stayed in, Seattle,It was a studio, no fridge, kitchen, just less then 800 square feet, of an area. It was small😌. But it was the beginning of, my parents trying to make a new life.( Where all the Saints will be gathered. The United States Of America. ) So, my parents got jobs, they worked day and night, to collect for a house, to buy. My mom worked two jobs, m...

July 13, 2014

This week has not been as stressful unlike the past couple weeks. My Business 101 class ended last Wednesday. That class was a hybrid online and on campus class, and these classes have a lot more work required than a normal on campus class. A few special things happened this week. I was chosen to be a BYUI coach for the Fall of 2014 Cross Country. Malcolm Hong, an administrator of LDS Single Friends, approached me as the administrator of the Mormon YSA Blog Spot to share the best content to their followers. The track banquet was put on last Thursday. My ward went to a retreat this weekend. I didn't stay the night because I had work to do modeling a replica for my Building Information Modeling class. I had a date with a girl named Camille. She Is the most virtuous and adorable woman that I met. I don't know, if I should write a paragraph on our relationship. It's too early. I hope that it develops well. We went to listen to the touring series of 18 songs newly composed by D...