Skip to main content

'Lovely Portrait' by Jullian Nyangoma

"One day I will wake up to a sweet melody. I will see a rainbow reminding me of life's beauty." She sang in her heart with a smile so warm. She had been through a lot; been punched by life itself. She lost all confidence in tomorrow. I talked to her once, twice, and many times. The pain in her eyes spoke back to me. She never replied, I understood why she couldn't. Sometimes we played, sung, fought, cried; and she still was the best companion. Her faults made my paths straight. Her fears made me move a step ahead. The terror in her eyes made my eyes brighter than ever, and when she called me daughter, I knew I was loved for real because she is my lovely portrait.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"Around and around" by Isidro Zapata on the #mormonysablogs Official Website

Around & around we go trying to fill a void in our hearts, so around & around we go, trying to fill a void in our hearts, The Son of Man's compassion, passion and grace step in, to fill the void holding us tenderly, by his love and grace Jesus will never let us go So around and around our love grows hard to walk away from such love Jesus is the only way to live a life of bliss So around and around our love grows Jesus gave his life for you and me Wiping away every tear showing you grace from above now that is true love So around and around our love grows to the one who laid down his life so we can live a life of bliss hard to walk away from such love so around and around our love grows to him who laid down his life for you and me CR2016-01-04 iz

'Telling the Truth' by Lesego Mholo

I'd rather be hurt by you telling me the truth than lies. Keep deceiving people and think they don't know. One day it will catch up with you. The truth hurts when its contrary to what your made to believe.  In one way or another lies always catch up with us, our consciousness doesn't let us lie for too long. Lying affects trust and loyalty in a relationship when your lied to you feel like you no longer belong you feel inadequate, telling the truth solidifies a relationship bond, and it might signify love or care; furthermore, telling the truth to me it tells that your emotionally mature. The truth makes me feel secure. Sometimes we give our hearts to people, and they think we are stupid for that we end up depending on them for loyalty. Truth is the only way two people can survive in a relationship and mutual understanding but reassurance and trust are the only things that might keep the relationship functioning. Dishonesty is the beginning of a fading relationship and...

“Let Go Off That Branch”

Once upon a time there was a man sitting on the top of a mountain, enjoying the gentle spring breeze and the beautiful scenery, including the tree and the rock that was behind him. Suddenly a strong gust of wind blew him off the mountain, and while falling he saw a branch sticking out so he grabbed it. Hanging off the side of the mountain like cliff hanger the man naturally began to pray, asking for God’s help and hears a voice that asks “Do you believe that I created that tree on the mountain?”. The man replies “yes I do, but I really need some help”. The voice then asks, “Do you believe that I created that rock on the mountain?” The man replies a little faster “Yes, I do now please! Help me!”. The voice then asks “Do you believe that I created the wind that blew you off the mountain?”. The man replies a little slower this time “……yes I do”, then the voice asks,” Do you believe that I can create another wind that will blow you right back up unto the mountain?”. The man replies, “Y...