Skip to main content

Adventures with Eve (March 1, 2015)

     Early in a recent week, I was asked if I was going to the company Snow Day Party. I said that I was, but I only wanted to go if Eve and Ezra was coming with me. There was no time designated for dinner on Friday night, which confused and baffled my grandparents, but Eve and Ezra was able to come. We arrived about 6:30, and we had a good amount of time to enjoy the snow. We found a modest hill, and went down it a few times. After the kids got over it, we went to the barn before it got dark to wait for other members of the company to arrive. I found games to play like dominoes and scramble. The lights were dim. People were barely arriving at 8 o' clock.
 I have a bunch of adventures with Eve to write about. The following list has most: scrabble on the night of the Snow Day Party, a run with a friend and her, making videos, a belated Valentine, reading a book, Cooking with Eve, a rock collection, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, playing video games, and more. I have some new coworkers that I befriended because they can actually speak English. Carlos is gone. And the track and field season is coming well together. I started a new Facebook page called Latter-day Saint YSA Blogs Daily because I am testing the fruitfulness of sharing only one article a day versus one every two hours. I registered for classes a while ago. Working on the temple. Making masks with Eve and Ezra and teaching her Piano
     I think that I should begin/continue with adventures with Eve. I have been hanging out with Ezra more recently, but all he wants to do is play video games. I gave in to them the past couple weeks, but I deleted all the games. For a long time every time that I see him, he would ask me, if he could play games. Once he asked me if we can play games, and I got excited because I thought that he wanted to play with me. He wanted to watch videos on Facebook though. This paragraph seems to be about Ezra. This week, today being Saturday the 11th of April 2015, is Spring Break. Eve has gone to visit family without Ezra. It has been two days without Eve, but he has been here. My relationship with Ezra is weaker because he seems to persist in his wants more. Dividing from us when he doesn't get his way. I want to have a closer relationship with him especially as I have this last weekend before I go back to school. I question the fruitfulness on my focus. I have had personal responsibilities to take care of before I go back to school. They were begging me download the games again the day that Eve and Ezra realized that I deleted all the games. I waited until they would listen, and I said that I only have a couple weekends with them before I go; I don't want to spend them not interacting, just playing video games. We don't even talk. Eve humbled herself, and Ezra persisted in his wants as I said before. We went to make masks with paper plates as Eve and I spontaneously enjoyed each other's presence. I drew my face on a plate, and she marveled at my skill. After dinner she wanted me to draw her face, and I did. One game that she downloaded is a makeup and hair dressing in nature, and she drew her own makeup and hair on my drawing of her.
     After this circumstance, I believe that Eve was inspired by my knowledge of art, and she asked me to teach her music. She has come to like my teaching skill, and she was able to learn how to read music. I like teaching the necessary theory, so they have a complete understanding in a simple way. I thinking of teaching Ezra piano, but it will only be one time most likely, since I am leaving next Friday. I tried to teach Ezra piano yesterday, but he was distracted by the metronome. The problem was that I wanted to start new, teaching him, without the influence of the way that I taught Eve. I was looking for a clean sheet of music in the primary song book, but I couldn't find a song as simple as 'I am a Child of God'. I was able to practice personally which was nice.
     Eve left to visit family, since it is their spring break. I have many adventures to write. I will follow this list: scrabble on the night of the Snow Day Party, a run with a friend and her, making videos, a belated Valentine, reading a book, Cooking with Eve, a rock collection, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, playing video games, and more.


     The Snow Day Party of RJ Enterprises was interesting because they said that people would come to enjoy the snow and facilities of the cabin about 6 or 7; however, everyone didn't come until about 8 or 9, and my grandparents were wondering if dinner will served. They were  complained a little about having dinner so late, but they endured. During this time, we played dominoes and scrabble. The dominoes play was not actually a game in my opinion, but scrabble was interesting. The lighting was not good in the cabin, so grandma could not see the letters well. It took me a while to warm up. I believe that we played a warm up round. Eve would be impatient, and have grandma skip her turn. She was also impatient with herself and her limited vocabulary. We switched letters couple times because she couldn't find any words; however, I could. I was not exceptional, but the competition was easy.
     The food was finally prepared, and it was good. One dish was interesting. It was green onions cooked in butter or oil. I enjoy one serving, but the second didn't feel good. There some barbecued meat, which was amazing, chips and tortillas. I was eating with Eve, Ezra, and my grandparents as usual, Robert Hicken, the CEO of RJ Enterprises, joined us. I always encourage Eve to be friendly, and, Robert's daughter, Camille came up to her, asking to be her friend. Eve was a little leery, but she went with my prompting, saying that Camille is her cousin. They went out to play in the snow, and it was fun. Camille and her exchanged phone numbers, so they could hang out again. John Robert Hicken is Robert Hicken's father, and John Robert has a lot of granddaughters Eve's age. I wish that they could meet and hang out. I met them at a work day a couple weekends ago that I will write about.
     One Saturday, I was planning to go on a run just as Eve and Ezra arrived for the afternoon. Eve said that she wanted to go with me on her bicycle. When we were about to leave, Eve's friend Danica was riding her bike passed the house with her family, and she joined us. Danica has a cool little sister, but she is a little too young to go out with us. We almost ran all the way to the end of Red Ledges. Danica was exhausted quickly, ending up walking before we reached the turn back point. Eve acted as though she was faster than me, but I just wanted to keep Danica in my sight between Danica and Eve. We decided to turn back at the top of a hill to enjoy the ride down, and Danica was satisfied with the decision, enjoying the ride down. Eve was dressed as a pirate for an odd reason. I think that it was a costume for a school performance. On her first ride down the hill, her bandana fell off her head, and it got stuck in the chain. After we got it out, she wanted to go down again, so Danica had to wait a little as we were figuring out how to get the bandana out of the bicycle chain and her second ride down. We made it home save. My first time visiting my grandparents. I lacked skills to take care of the children when I went out with them, but things went much smoothly this past winter with them.

     This journal entry is a little choppy because I have not been able to finish an entry. It has been more than two months. Today is May third. Grandma knows that Eve and Ezra love me, so she hoped that they would visit before I left the week before I left. On the last weekend that I had with them, Eve visited her relatives, since it was Spring break. My relationship with Ezra is kind of weak. I felt bad because I came down from see how everyone is doing, and grandpa and Ezra was watching television. Ezra asked "What I have been up to?" I didn't even answer. I don't like television because it distracted me from that moment. Jessica and I agreed to not have television. For the last week in Heber, Eve and Ezra were able to visit me before I left Friday morning. On Tuesday grandma and grandpa took me to see the Provo City Center temple, and we went to the outback, since Doug Nielson gave them a gift card. We went to visit Doug, the brother of my grandma. He wanted to show us pictures that he had taken on a trip to Patagonia. It is not the first time that I visited his house to learn of his travels. I was surprised on the Tuesday that Robert John Hicken wanted me to work for him for the remaining time that I had there, which was only a couple days. He wanted to take me out on some job sites, but we did not have time too. I bought a bread maker machine because Jessica and I decided that purchasing groceries is more affordable than eating out most meals. This has been working out. Eve and I made the first loaf that I had the machine together. Grandpa had a bread making machine, so we got everyone involved. Even Carl my uncle stopped to enjoy a slice, when he picked up Eve and Ezra. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Priscilla Pringle's Predicament - Reader's Theater at Lethbridge Whoop-U...

This week was quite fun for me because I got to portray the main antagonist in a Reader's Theater called 'Priscilla Pringle's Predicament/All's Swell That Ends Swell' that Playgoers of Lethbridge put on at Lethbridge Whoop-Up Days 2017. The story was written by Ed Bayly, a truly wonderful individual. Doing the performances all week reminded me of how much I love participating in theater. Please enjoy this recording! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIh88Y5H3cI&t=1135s

"Around and around" by Isidro Zapata on the #mormonysablogs Official Website

Around & around we go trying to fill a void in our hearts, so around & around we go, trying to fill a void in our hearts, The Son of Man's compassion, passion and grace step in, to fill the void holding us tenderly, by his love and grace Jesus will never let us go So around and around our love grows hard to walk away from such love Jesus is the only way to live a life of bliss So around and around our love grows Jesus gave his life for you and me Wiping away every tear showing you grace from above now that is true love So around and around our love grows to the one who laid down his life so we can live a life of bliss hard to walk away from such love so around and around our love grows to him who laid down his life for you and me CR2016-01-04 iz

Avatar: The Last Post

"In the era before the Avatar, we bent not the elements, but the energies within ourselves." -A giant Lion Turtle Avatar the Last Airbender was one of my favorite shows when I was but a lad, which was about a year ago... If you haven't seen it, then you have missed out, cause they're already on the second series, season, whatever you wanna call it, but it's on Netflix so there's that. "Are you sure you're not talking about the Blue cat people?" I'm positive... I mean, it was just great, BUT, much like Pokemon, it was one of those shows, that you watch and you get sad cause you're like, "Why can't I do that?" So it was sort of bittersweet. Anyway, what I'm trying to get at, is that it's great. "You really liked it huh?" Chyea, I was thinking about it the other day and something hit me... I think it was a Dragonfly, cause let me tell you, that thing was HUGE and it hurt... But then I realized something.