Skip to main content

My Little Christ Like Elements P. 2 (Laughter)

"Hey reader, did you hear that? I think there's someone in he-"
     -Elder Lopez, famous last words

Well hey there! How are you today, my dear reader? "..." That's great! I'm doing good as well! Better than Elder Lopez at least! "...Uhhh..." Oh don't worry about him. He'll be fine. Eventually. "Okay, what's going on here? Who are you?" Oh, right! I'm Elder Coon, and I'll be your blogger today.

Anyways, where were we? Oh yeah, the Elements of Harmony! I mean, Christlike Attributes. Next up on the list is Laughter! Now you may ask, how is that a Christlike attribute? "I'm not asking that." After all, the scriptures never talk about Jesus laughing do they? Well, let me answer that question with a story.

Once upon a time there we six ponies adventuring through the dangerous Everfree Forest. "Wait, you watch that pony show too?" I think the better question is, why don't you watch it? Anyways, so these six ponies are on an important quest through the Everfree Forest. All of a sudden, the already dark night becomes pitch black. The six stop in their tracks, unsure of what to do. Then in an instant, they find themselves surrounded by deadly monstrosities looming over them! With huge claws, razor teeth, and penetrating glowing eyes, these killer trees are about to rip the heroes to shreds! Just when it seemed they were doomed to sudden destruction-

"Wait, wait, wait, wait. Trees? Killer trees? Come on."

Hey, these trees could mess you up. Have you ever SEEN Snow White? What would you do in that situation, tough guy?


"...Okay, I see your point."


So, as I was saying, just when it seemed they were doomed to sudden destruction, they hear laughter. Not the creepy kind of laughter that you would expect to hear at this point, but just normal haha-that-was-a-funny-joke type laughter. And where is laughter coming from? Pinkie Pie. "Pinkie Pie?" Pinkie Pie!

You see, while the other ponies surrendered to their fear, Pinkie laughed. Pinkie always laughs. She's always optimistic, always looks on the bright side, and always sees the silver lining. She has Hope! Hope is faith pointed forward. It is an assurance that things will work out, that you'll get through just fine, and that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good.

So when you're having a bad day, don't forget it's better to look up. Keep pressing forward! Endure to the End! And for heaven's sake, SMILE! Happiness is a choice, and sometimes it's a tough choice, but it's always the better option.

"So what happened with the killer trees?" Well, it turns out it was just an illusion, and the trees couldn't really hurt them. "Lame." But then they go on to survive a rockslide, take on a massive sea-serpent, kick a manticore in the face, and literally rip apart Nightmare Moon (you know, from a few posts ago) with a rainbow tornado. "That sounded pretty cool until the rainbow tornado."

Well, Elder Lopez is starting to regain consciousness, so I guess my time is up! Until next time dear reader! Excelsior!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Priscilla Pringle's Predicament - Reader's Theater at Lethbridge Whoop-U...

This week was quite fun for me because I got to portray the main antagonist in a Reader's Theater called 'Priscilla Pringle's Predicament/All's Swell That Ends Swell' that Playgoers of Lethbridge put on at Lethbridge Whoop-Up Days 2017. The story was written by Ed Bayly, a truly wonderful individual. Doing the performances all week reminded me of how much I love participating in theater. Please enjoy this recording! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIh88Y5H3cI&t=1135s

Avatar: The Last Post

"In the era before the Avatar, we bent not the elements, but the energies within ourselves." -A giant Lion Turtle Avatar the Last Airbender was one of my favorite shows when I was but a lad, which was about a year ago... If you haven't seen it, then you have missed out, cause they're already on the second series, season, whatever you wanna call it, but it's on Netflix so there's that. "Are you sure you're not talking about the Blue cat people?" I'm positive... I mean, it was just great, BUT, much like Pokemon, it was one of those shows, that you watch and you get sad cause you're like, "Why can't I do that?" So it was sort of bittersweet. Anyway, what I'm trying to get at, is that it's great. "You really liked it huh?" Chyea, I was thinking about it the other day and something hit me... I think it was a Dragonfly, cause let me tell you, that thing was HUGE and it hurt... But then I realized something. 

"Around and around" by Isidro Zapata on the #mormonysablogs Official Website

Around & around we go trying to fill a void in our hearts, so around & around we go, trying to fill a void in our hearts, The Son of Man's compassion, passion and grace step in, to fill the void holding us tenderly, by his love and grace Jesus will never let us go So around and around our love grows hard to walk away from such love Jesus is the only way to live a life of bliss So around and around our love grows Jesus gave his life for you and me Wiping away every tear showing you grace from above now that is true love So around and around our love grows to the one who laid down his life so we can live a life of bliss hard to walk away from such love so around and around our love grows to him who laid down his life for you and me CR2016-01-04 iz