Skip to main content

The Good, The Bad, and The Lopez

"Hello, my friends, hello."
-Neil Diamond

Hello there new reader, or is it still you old buddy? "Nope it's me again. Looks like you're branching out huh?" Right? I was invited to help out on this nifty blog of niftyness! "I'm almost positive that's not a word..." Yep... same dear reader... "So, with this new blog, looks like you're gonna have to introduce yourself again." Yea, it seems introductions are once again in order.

Default epic missionary
picture!
Hello there dear reader, I am known by many as Elder Alejandro Lopez. But you can call me Elder Lopez for short. Oh, and Elder is not my first name, but you probably already knew that. I am currently serving in the B-E-A-UTIFUL mission of Jacksonville, Florida. Now that sounds interesting enough but get this, ask where I live. Go ahead I'll wait.... "Ok, where do yo-" ORLANDO, FLORIDA! Oh yes, I am serving in a mission just above my home mission. Crazy huh? "That's... well actually yea." Crazier still? Didn't go to the Missionary Training Center. "Mind. Blown." Chyea. "Well alright there Mr. Fancy, I bet everyone is wondering just what your gonna be blogging about. Well, I guess it'd be what you HAVE been blogging about." Oh! Right.

See, in my youth, I had more free time than I was proud of I watched A LOT of movies.(Oh, and cartoons too, LOVED cartoons) However, my parents would only let us watch Disney movies on Sundays, so my brother and I became really good at relating movies to the gospel in an effort to watch them (it never worked...) but as I grew older, I began to realize that much like the scriptures, which were written a long, long time ago, in a land far, far away, they can be related to our days and so, why can't pop culture? So stay for a while, take off your shoes if you so desire, and let's share a laugh while we learn about the gospel through, tv, music and... well, other media! Oh! and don't hesitate to leave a suggestion of what you wanna read about next! Also, if you would like to see the water from the source, as they say, "no one says that..." Well... Click here anyway!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Priscilla Pringle's Predicament - Reader's Theater at Lethbridge Whoop-U...

This week was quite fun for me because I got to portray the main antagonist in a Reader's Theater called 'Priscilla Pringle's Predicament/All's Swell That Ends Swell' that Playgoers of Lethbridge put on at Lethbridge Whoop-Up Days 2017. The story was written by Ed Bayly, a truly wonderful individual. Doing the performances all week reminded me of how much I love participating in theater. Please enjoy this recording! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIh88Y5H3cI&t=1135s

"Around and around" by Isidro Zapata on the #mormonysablogs Official Website

Around & around we go trying to fill a void in our hearts, so around & around we go, trying to fill a void in our hearts, The Son of Man's compassion, passion and grace step in, to fill the void holding us tenderly, by his love and grace Jesus will never let us go So around and around our love grows hard to walk away from such love Jesus is the only way to live a life of bliss So around and around our love grows Jesus gave his life for you and me Wiping away every tear showing you grace from above now that is true love So around and around our love grows to the one who laid down his life so we can live a life of bliss hard to walk away from such love so around and around our love grows to him who laid down his life for you and me CR2016-01-04 iz

'Telling the Truth' by Lesego Mholo

I'd rather be hurt by you telling me the truth than lies. Keep deceiving people and think they don't know. One day it will catch up with you. The truth hurts when its contrary to what your made to believe.  In one way or another lies always catch up with us, our consciousness doesn't let us lie for too long. Lying affects trust and loyalty in a relationship when your lied to you feel like you no longer belong you feel inadequate, telling the truth solidifies a relationship bond, and it might signify love or care; furthermore, telling the truth to me it tells that your emotionally mature. The truth makes me feel secure. Sometimes we give our hearts to people, and they think we are stupid for that we end up depending on them for loyalty. Truth is the only way two people can survive in a relationship and mutual understanding but reassurance and trust are the only things that might keep the relationship functioning. Dishonesty is the beginning of a fading relationship and