Skip to main content

January 23, 2014

As I am blogging my journal, I am inviting all the Young Single Adults to join me as I establish a YSA Blog Spot. I have found committed bloggers. I am surprised how many people are willing to join me in the MormonYSA.blogspot.com. I am continuing to recruit as many bloggers that I can. Many people said that they would write for the blog spot, but progress is slow especially now that I have been working. Dealing with so many people has been good, but I am not without error. I apologize, if I offend anyone.
I don't have much to write about because I have mainly been working. My date from last Friday went well, but I failed to make sure that I had a generous amount of money on my card for lunch. This apparently is a big no no. I just don't think about money much. I think that not thinking too much about money is a great quality. I trust God will provide like the lilies of the field. (Matthew 6:28-31)

28 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:
29 And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?
31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?

If my date and I were not pressured in the moment, I could have transferred the funds, for I was provided the money. I failed to be prepared beforehand though.
Work has been good; although, I had a weird day yesterday. The operator sent me to many different places. I messed up palletizing, so she sent me to sort out bad candy. I asked a question. It is loud in the factory, and she had a hard time hearing me, yet I was sent to go sort another time. One machine was freaking out, and I was helping out. I was told to sweep the candy that fell. After a while I was approached by someone, who took the broom, leaving me without a job, I was sent to go sort again. I was sorting out all of the candy to a high standard that I have been trained for, and a lady was telling me that I was picking out too many. I kept to what I was trained to, and other people told me that I was picking out too much candy. I was then sent to a new station, and I was keeping out not too much according to the new standard; then, I was told that there were too many bad candy in the line. After I was sent to make boxes at another machine. I was given a job. Since I could not keep up with it, the job needed to be split into two roles. Then my day ended. I learned to be very flexible. I do not think that the day means anything to my employment, but I feel that it was an odd day. I was not frustrated or bitter, but I believe that maintained a patient perspective.
Trevor, my little brother, began working at my workplace today. We only had a few passing moments in the factory, but one thing that I was inspired to write about from my work is about my favorite color. You may think that this is really random, but my favorite color is yellow. For an unknown reason I had to pick out a lot of product that were yellow today.
Yellow has always been my favorite color. One reason why I loved Jamaica, where I served my mission, is that there were many yellow buildings. I remember raving about this all day once in Jamaica, dancing about even if I was on my bicycle. I miss the yellow buildings of Jamaica. The colors of buildings in the United States are boring. I wear a yellow shirt every Monday because, on the eightieth birthday of the King of Thailand, he had been ruling for sixty years, and he had his nation wear yellow every Monday for the entire year. Thailand has the longest currently ruling king in the world. My favorite color has always been yellow, and I don't think that I even recorded it in my journal.
My running effort is still exhausting. I decided that I need to add a nap to my routine after my runs, so I don't doze off as I drive home. It's a little scary to doze off, when driving. I had to be woken up at a stop light, and I kind of drifted on the freeway. I run to see how far that I can get in twenty minutes. I did good the first few days, but my body was too wasted from work to keep up the effort the last couple days. Running after standing for eight hours straight is hard on your body, and I need to rest my feet for a while before I go. If I ran straight after work, I expect that I would feel feet pain.
I didn't get enough sleep at the beginning of this week because of FHE. I like to make sure that I get my sleep. I don't like how family oftentimes compells me to stay up late, but I participated. I really felt it at work though.
Lastly, one thing that I have been doing is organizing a carpool for the 'University of California: Santa Cruz' students to come to Institute. We have four active UCSC students. I never seen so much faith from the University at the Ocean YSA Branch. We are even planning to do Family Home Evening up there frequently soon. A brother said that he intends to ditch classes to come to Institute. I didn't think that was necessary, but he wants to come. Institute is a religion class for YSA; for those that don't know what it is.
I have another date tomorrow, being Friday. It is with a Thai girl, and I am so excited. I never dated a Thai girl before. She is a classmate of Nathalia, a foreign English student, staying with my family.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Priscilla Pringle's Predicament - Reader's Theater at Lethbridge Whoop-U...

This week was quite fun for me because I got to portray the main antagonist in a Reader's Theater called 'Priscilla Pringle's Predicament/All's Swell That Ends Swell' that Playgoers of Lethbridge put on at Lethbridge Whoop-Up Days 2017. The story was written by Ed Bayly, a truly wonderful individual. Doing the performances all week reminded me of how much I love participating in theater. Please enjoy this recording! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIh88Y5H3cI&t=1135s

"Around and around" by Isidro Zapata on the #mormonysablogs Official Website

Around & around we go trying to fill a void in our hearts, so around & around we go, trying to fill a void in our hearts, The Son of Man's compassion, passion and grace step in, to fill the void holding us tenderly, by his love and grace Jesus will never let us go So around and around our love grows hard to walk away from such love Jesus is the only way to live a life of bliss So around and around our love grows Jesus gave his life for you and me Wiping away every tear showing you grace from above now that is true love So around and around our love grows to the one who laid down his life so we can live a life of bliss hard to walk away from such love so around and around our love grows to him who laid down his life for you and me CR2016-01-04 iz

Avatar: The Last Post

"In the era before the Avatar, we bent not the elements, but the energies within ourselves." -A giant Lion Turtle Avatar the Last Airbender was one of my favorite shows when I was but a lad, which was about a year ago... If you haven't seen it, then you have missed out, cause they're already on the second series, season, whatever you wanna call it, but it's on Netflix so there's that. "Are you sure you're not talking about the Blue cat people?" I'm positive... I mean, it was just great, BUT, much like Pokemon, it was one of those shows, that you watch and you get sad cause you're like, "Why can't I do that?" So it was sort of bittersweet. Anyway, what I'm trying to get at, is that it's great. "You really liked it huh?" Chyea, I was thinking about it the other day and something hit me... I think it was a Dragonfly, cause let me tell you, that thing was HUGE and it hurt... But then I realized something.