Skip to main content

Mothers day 2014

                            Hey Everybody!!!  I hope everybody's family is safe and healthy. This week is going really well. We have the house were just waiting on the other people to move out. Now it's not so bittersweet. I know I can do missionary work in Monticello. They really need help. I am excited to see what this move brings. I will be transferring to the dollar general in Monticello. I've heard everybody is really nice and the store is really clean! I enjoyed my second mother's day. One, I didn't have to work haha but I did Saturday night and I can say we were busy and I'm scared to know what dollar general is like on Christmas eve. Sunday, I got to hangout here at home with the family and just relax. On Saturday night I had a sweet event happen... that makes you just happy as can be. There was this little boy maybe about eight that came to my register he had a mothers day card and was very excited and he was paying for it. I asked if he needed a bag he said " Yes, I need it to hide it from my mom..it's for her." I said " Ok, well you want to extra hide it by me double bagging it?" He shook his head and said "yes"!! He was so excited it was a sweet afternoon.        Then I got home to find out that Scarlett (with Uncle C.j. help) picked flowers for me. She was so excited to give them to me even though they were wilted by morning it was still the act of love that counted and she didn't notice. This week we are starting to pack and organize everything. This weekend we tackled the bathroom. We had so much stuff it was crazy for the amount of space haha! The next room we are tackling tomorrow is the laundry room. I'm getting boxes from dollar general tomorrow with the missionaries here. Please pray for our investigators as we are having a hard time right now finding them. Also, our previous investigator Courtney has not been back to church. She needs one more visit to be able to be baptized. The problem is .. she's just not there when we show up to give her a ride. I'm not sure what's going on with this one. I try not to let it bother me anymore though when it doesn't work out. I just say well if they don't want to learn the truth here they will later on. .. sooner or later though they will work there way back to heavenly father.  Well this is for now till next week!!!
                                                                  Mothers day 2014

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Priscilla Pringle's Predicament - Reader's Theater at Lethbridge Whoop-U...

This week was quite fun for me because I got to portray the main antagonist in a Reader's Theater called 'Priscilla Pringle's Predicament/All's Swell That Ends Swell' that Playgoers of Lethbridge put on at Lethbridge Whoop-Up Days 2017. The story was written by Ed Bayly, a truly wonderful individual. Doing the performances all week reminded me of how much I love participating in theater. Please enjoy this recording! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIh88Y5H3cI&t=1135s

Avatar: The Last Post

"In the era before the Avatar, we bent not the elements, but the energies within ourselves." -A giant Lion Turtle Avatar the Last Airbender was one of my favorite shows when I was but a lad, which was about a year ago... If you haven't seen it, then you have missed out, cause they're already on the second series, season, whatever you wanna call it, but it's on Netflix so there's that. "Are you sure you're not talking about the Blue cat people?" I'm positive... I mean, it was just great, BUT, much like Pokemon, it was one of those shows, that you watch and you get sad cause you're like, "Why can't I do that?" So it was sort of bittersweet. Anyway, what I'm trying to get at, is that it's great. "You really liked it huh?" Chyea, I was thinking about it the other day and something hit me... I think it was a Dragonfly, cause let me tell you, that thing was HUGE and it hurt... But then I realized something. 

"Around and around" by Isidro Zapata on the #mormonysablogs Official Website

Around & around we go trying to fill a void in our hearts, so around & around we go, trying to fill a void in our hearts, The Son of Man's compassion, passion and grace step in, to fill the void holding us tenderly, by his love and grace Jesus will never let us go So around and around our love grows hard to walk away from such love Jesus is the only way to live a life of bliss So around and around our love grows Jesus gave his life for you and me Wiping away every tear showing you grace from above now that is true love So around and around our love grows to the one who laid down his life so we can live a life of bliss hard to walk away from such love so around and around our love grows to him who laid down his life for you and me CR2016-01-04 iz