Skip to main content

TESTIMONY




The righteous need not fear the power and authority of man
We serve a God who has all in His hands
To sin is exquisite and bitter pain
The life of righteousness means joy and sweetness remain

Opposition in all things
That we might be afforded blessings

 Ask in faith and receive
Plainness means all learn, milk then meat
By small means the wise are confounded
Knowledge means options, their choice, to be bounded
The lord is my strength I’ll not be ashamed for waiting for Him that promise in 1 Nephi
We need a world of more strong men, more Moronies and Abinadies

Prick my heart that I may remember
Conversion means a change of heart, January to December
May I give all my sins away to know Thee
Humility not by force, but gratitude for all Thou has done for me

May I be anchored, steadfast and immovable, always abounding in good works
Most dear, precious and now rare: chastity, virtue and remembering worth
May I be actively engaged in good works… His hands
And like the Anti- Nephi- Lehies keep my covenants

May my arming myself be only with righteousness
Remember wickedness never was happiness
The message rings and should be applied, repent and return with full purpose of heart
Feast upon the word, the testimony of 2 nations equals 1 beautiful start

I decide now the woman I’ll be
Ever so grateful that my Heavenly Father loves me
Sanctification- to God yield your hearts
Let not ever thy testimony depart

Faith, hope and charity, ingredients of salvation
Ask of the Spirit and receive revelation
Men are, that they might have joy
Every man, woman, girl and boy

Love God with all they strength, might and zeal
I share because I know Jesus heals 
Also because I’d like others to feel
The depth of His real and what it means to me
By His grace we’re saved after all we can do
I leave my testimony, this gospel is true

BY Sherida Laffayette

Here I posted this wonderful poem by one of my closest friends, with her permission, who is now serving a mission here in Jamaica. Though I miss her dearly I am reminded by this poem of her love and my love for the gospel and our willingness to share it with those around us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Around and around" by Isidro Zapata on the #mormonysablogs Official Website

Around & around we go trying to fill a void in our hearts, so around & around we go, trying to fill a void in our hearts, The Son of Man's compassion, passion and grace step in, to fill the void holding us tenderly, by his love and grace Jesus will never let us go So around and around our love grows hard to walk away from such love Jesus is the only way to live a life of bliss So around and around our love grows Jesus gave his life for you and me Wiping away every tear showing you grace from above now that is true love So around and around our love grows to the one who laid down his life so we can live a life of bliss hard to walk away from such love so around and around our love grows to him who laid down his life for you and me CR2016-01-04 iz

'Telling the Truth' by Lesego Mholo

I'd rather be hurt by you telling me the truth than lies. Keep deceiving people and think they don't know. One day it will catch up with you. The truth hurts when its contrary to what your made to believe.  In one way or another lies always catch up with us, our consciousness doesn't let us lie for too long. Lying affects trust and loyalty in a relationship when your lied to you feel like you no longer belong you feel inadequate, telling the truth solidifies a relationship bond, and it might signify love or care; furthermore, telling the truth to me it tells that your emotionally mature. The truth makes me feel secure. Sometimes we give our hearts to people, and they think we are stupid for that we end up depending on them for loyalty. Truth is the only way two people can survive in a relationship and mutual understanding but reassurance and trust are the only things that might keep the relationship functioning. Dishonesty is the beginning of a fading relationship and...

“Let Go Off That Branch”

Once upon a time there was a man sitting on the top of a mountain, enjoying the gentle spring breeze and the beautiful scenery, including the tree and the rock that was behind him. Suddenly a strong gust of wind blew him off the mountain, and while falling he saw a branch sticking out so he grabbed it. Hanging off the side of the mountain like cliff hanger the man naturally began to pray, asking for God’s help and hears a voice that asks “Do you believe that I created that tree on the mountain?”. The man replies “yes I do, but I really need some help”. The voice then asks, “Do you believe that I created that rock on the mountain?” The man replies a little faster “Yes, I do now please! Help me!”. The voice then asks “Do you believe that I created the wind that blew you off the mountain?”. The man replies a little slower this time “……yes I do”, then the voice asks,” Do you believe that I can create another wind that will blow you right back up unto the mountain?”. The man replies, “Y...